- Describe the biosynthesis and metabolism of serotonin.
- Explain the mechanism of action of triptans in the treatment of migraines.
- Describe the adverse effects and contraindications of triptans.
- Describe triptan SAR, recognize structures triptans and describe associated clinical features.
- Explain the proposed indication for use and mechanism of action of 5-HT1F agonists.
- Explain the mechanism of action of 5-HT3 receptor antagonists in the management of chemotherapy induced and post-operative nausea and vomiting.
- Describe the three necessary components for 5-HT3 affinity and recognize the structures of the 5-HT3 receptor antagonists.
- Describe the structure of the active metabolite of dolasetron.